How to Bypass Ink Cartridge on Epson Printer?
There is no single measure to eliminate the ink cartridge check on Epson printers since all the printers start indicating when the ink levels are less than sufficient to avoid any troubles later. However, there are a few unofficial tricks that can let you bypass the ink cartridge check for a while so you can finish your printing work at that particular moment and change the ink cartridges later.
Here are the steps to bypass ink cartridge check on the Epson printer.
1. Open and close the ink cartridge lid
It is the easiest method if you wish not to encounter the ink cartridge check on your Epson printer while working. Please make sure that you follow the steps correctly as mentioned below to get your task done;
- First and foremost, please remove the lid, then press and hold the ink button.
- You will observe the ink holder moving to its original position.
- Now you have to open the lid of the ink cartridge and then close it again. Please note that you do not have to remove the empty ink cartridge.
- Next, you have to close the lid that you removed earlier.
However, you must remember that this ‘open and close the ink cartridge lid’ method is not applicable on the Epson printer models that contain microchips since these chips detect the ink cartridge levels and would never allow you to print once the levels decline a specific level.
2. Redistribution of ink inside ink cartridges
Another method to avoid the Epson printer ink check and continue printing work is the redistribution of ink inside the ink cartridges. Please make sure that you follow the steps as under appropriately;
- Begin with pulling the printer cover upwards while your printer is working. You will see the ink cartridges moving to and forth while you have the printer powered on.
- Would you please wait for a while until you see no movement in the ink cartridges?
- Next, you have to press the tabs that are present in front of each cartridge and lift them out straight to put out all the ink cartridges.
- Now you have to get your printer powered off and wait for a while.
- Next, you have to unplug the main power cord of the printer from the power outlet and wait for some more time to let the memory of your printer reset.
- Your next job is to shake the ink cartridges well to redistribute the ink.
- Please place all the removed ink cartridges appropriately, connect the main cable to the power outlet, let your printer turn on.
3. Try resetting the ink cartridges
If the methods mentioned above do not work for you, then we assume you might want to try resetting the ink cartridge on your Epson printer to see if it works for you.
- The method of removing the ink cartridges is the same as mentioned earlier. Some printers come with the resetting button for the ink cartridge placed right above the copper contacts in the center. However, this button might not be available in others.
- You have to find a paper clip or any such thing, use the end of the instrument and press the reset button carefully.
- After performing the ink cartridge reset successfully, you have to place the removed cartridges back in their original positions.
- How to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97
- How to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0xf1
- How to fix Epson printer not printing black
- How to fix Epson printer printing blank pages
- How to print without black ink on Epson
- How to force Epson printer to print with low ink
Undeniably, it would become quite a nuisance if your Epson printer stops you from printing due to the low ink levels. However, you can easily bypass the ink cartridge check on your Epson printer by trying a few tested tricks. In this article, we have tried our best to let you know how to bypass the ink cartridge check quickly and easily.
Hopefully, it would prove helpful!