How to activate Facebook dating?
Remember that Facebook dating is available on the Facebook app for iPhone and Android. Therefore, you can’t activate the Facebook dating feature through your computer or web browser. The FB dating feature allows you to match with your soulmate.
Here are the steps to activate Facebook dating on iPhone and Android phones;
- Download and install the Facebook app from the app store. If you already have the FB app, update it.
- Next, open the app and log in to your existing Facebook account.
- Go to the three-line menu on your screen’s bottom right or top right.
- Click on the ‘All Shortcuts’ option and tap on ‘Dating’. If you can’t find ‘Dating’ under the All-shortcuts menu, click on ‘See more and hit ‘Dating.’
- Now tap the ‘Get Started button and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Facebook dating profile.
- You must enter all the essential details like your name, gender, education, interests, etc. If you want to change an item, click on the ‘Pencil’ and to remove an item, tap on the ‘X’ option to remove it permanently from your profile.
- Finally, click on the ‘Confirm’ option to publish your profile.
Congrats! You have activated your Facebook dating profile. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to use the Facebook dating feature. We have a guide for that too.
How to use Facebook dating?
If you have prior experience with other dating apps like tinder, Facebook dating will be your next favorite. Once you have activated your Facebook dating profile, you can open it from the three-line menu> All shortcuts> dating.
Once you open your FB dating profile, you will see three buttons on top of the page; Profile, Liked you, and Matches.
There’s a Settings gear on the top right corner too, where you can customize your ideal match. In short, by clicking on the gear, you can specify your ideal match’s age, gender, height, language, living distance, etc.
Here’s the information on what every button on Facebook dating is designed for;
- Profile: The profile button allows you to customize your dating profile. You can add your hobbies, and interests, add or remove photos, and even add an introductory text.
- Liked You: By tapping this button, you can see the users who have liked your profile. You can even like or dislike the users back. If you ‘Like’ that person, the person will end up in your ‘Matches’ section,
- Matches: By tapping this button, you will see the users you ‘liked’ You can start the conversation with your match by tapping on the photo.
The center of the page is where you can see the photo of your possible match. Tap the heart (or swipe right) to like the profile or X (or swipe left) to dislike the profile. You can get more information about your possible match by clicking on the photo. You will now see all the details about the user, along with more pictures.
There’s also a ‘More to Explore’ section on your FB dating profile where other options are available such as; Second Look, Events in common, Groups in common, and Secret crush.
- The Second look option allows you to view the profiles you previously disliked.
- The secret Crush option allows you to select your Facebook friend or Instagram follower who you secretly admire. The person will receive a notification saying they have a secret crush. If your crush also marks you as a crush, your identity will be revealed to your crush. Pretty convenient, right? You can add only 9 followers as your secret crush.
Fortunately, your FB dating information, such as; conversations, pictures, and information about your matches, don’t appear on your actual Facebook profile. Therefore, none of your Facebook friends will know that you have a Facebook Dating profile.
Once you have found your ‘The One’ soulmate, you can delete your Facebook profile too! However, if you are done with dating apps and want a break from your dating life, you can also use the ‘Take a Break’ feature on Facebook dating.
How to deactivate Facebook dating on android and ios?
Here’s how to deactivate Facebook Dating on Android and iOS;
- Open the Facebook app on your Android mobile or iPhone.
- Tap on the three-lined menu and tap on ‘Dating.’
- Now click on the ‘Settings’ gear icon on the top right corner and select ‘General.’
- Scroll down and tap on the ‘Delete profile
- Finally, tap the delete profile option on the dialogue box to deactivate your Facebook dating.
How to reactivate Facebook dating?
You can reactivate your Facebook dating profile if you once enabled the ‘Take a break option.
Here’s how to reactivate Facebook dating on iPhone and Android;
- Open the Facebook app on your android phone or iPhone and log in to your FB account.
- Click on the three-line menu.
- Now tap on the ‘Dating’ option and click on the settings option at the top right corner.
- Finally, turn off the ‘Take a break’ option present under
Now you can resume your dating life!
Frequently Asked Question
How to get Facebook dating back after I deleted it?
You can create a new dating profile after seven days have passed since deleting your profile. Open the Facebook app to activate your Facebook dating. Go to the menu and choose date to set up your new Facebook profile.
What does the star mean on Facebook dating?
The star, also called the ‘Spark’, is used to show your match that you are interested in them. However, you can only send three stars in 24 hours.
How to install the Facebook dating app?
There’s no other app for Facebook dating. Facebook dating is a feature present in the Facebook app. Download and install the Facebook app on your mobile to use FB dating.
Here’s how to install the Facebook app to use Facebook dating;
- Open the Play store on your Android phone or App store on your iPhone.
- Type and search ‘Facebook’
- Now download and install the Facebook app to avail of its FB dating feature.
How to make a Facebook account?
You must have a Facebook account/profile to activate Facebook dating.
Here’s how to create a Facebook account/profile;
- Open your Facebook app or open Facebook on your web browser.
- Now click on sign up and enter your mobile number, email address, password, and everything required.
- Once you have filled in all the details, click on the ‘create profile’ option, and you are done!
You can now upload your photo, edit your profile and add your friends. You must add the correct details, as these details will be used for your Facebook dating profile.
We hope now you know how to get Facebook dating on iPhone and Android. Remember that you must have a Facebook profile to use the Facebook dating feature. If you don’t have a FB account, you can sign up on Facebook and be active for thirty days. Only then can you use the FB dating feature.