What is 2FA on PS4?
Two-step verification is a security check that verifies that you have access to the account owner’s phone or email account using an OTP (One Time Pin). Mostly, intruders are unable to access these highly secure assets and your account is well protected.
Now the question is:
How to enable 2FA on PlayStation?
Log in to your active PSN account and stay connected to the internet.
Here are the steps to enable 2FA on PS:
- Go to ‘Setting’ from your PS4 home screen.
- Click on Account Management.
- Next, go to Account Information.
- There you will see Security.
- Here you will need to re-enter your password as a safety measure
- Entering a password correctly will lead you to a menu with security options. Head to 2-step Verification.
- Here you can Set Up a Verification
- Add your Phone number on the next screen and verify your phone number via OTP.
Once you have registered your Phone Number for two-step Verification, your account will demand an SMS verification every time a new device tries to access your account or when changes are made in the security settings.
You also need to set up backup codes. In situations where you are unable to access your phone and need to login in on your account, you can use the earlier generated Back up Code instead of the OTP to verify your identity. You will need to remember them, so you can choose codes that are easy for you to remember
We hope you found this article helpful. Remember, if you are logging in on a public system make sure you uncheck the ‘Trust this device next time’ box. You should only check it for your personal systems.
If you have any suggestions or queries about the topic, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.