How long does a PS4 controller last?
Let’s start with a new PS4 controller – you would need to know how long does a ps4 controller battery last so that you can charge it in time. Since it has a standard 1000mAH battery, the charge will easily last about 4-8 hours but its capacity significantly reduces with each recharge.
Of course, while this is true, it also depends on the way you use your controller. If it’s prone to rough use regularly then you’ll see the changes earlier on. You can always make sure it lasts longer by:
5 Ways to Extend Your PS4 Controller’s Life
Here are the methods to extend PS4 controller battery life
1. Changing Your Controller Before You Shut Down: Your PS4 controller battery is most used up when you carry out other activities such as streaming YouTube as well. Since it’s always powered on, your battery will drain out sooner than you think. The best thing to do is to automatically turn it off within ten minutes.
2. Reducing the volume and light to conserve PS4 controller lifespan: Your controller’s volume is often louder than necessary. You can decrease this by:
- Going to settings
- Open the option named “devices” and select the tab “controllers.”
- Select the option “Volume control.”
To turn down the light, you can:
- Go to settings.
- Open the option named “devices” and select “controllers.”
- Once you find the DUALSHOCK 4 lightbar brightness, you can easily dim it.
3. Make sure the vibration is turned off: PS4 controller battery life is severely affected by the vibration function of the DUALSHOCK 4 controller. To ensure your vibration is disabled, you can:
- Open settings and go to “devices.”
- Select the option named “controllers on your PS4.”
- You will see the option named “enable vibration;” make sure you uncheck it.
4. Make sure you maintain the temperature: PS4 controller lifespan can be significantly affected by its position in the house. To make sure it doesn’t deteriorate fast, you will have to look into two things:
- It is kept away from direct sunlight.
- It is kept at room temperature.
5. Make sure you use protectors: PS4 controller protectors can keep your joysticks safe from misuse when they are placed idle.
Effects of overuse on Dualshock 4 battery life
Here are the effects of overuse on PS4 controller battery life.
1. Battery Life decreases with time
Much like phones, your DualShock 4 battery life decreases significantly with time. You’ll notice that the older your controller is, the sooner its charge finishes off. It’s important to note that, with every couple of hours of charge, the life drains away. Remember to change controllers if you have more than one and keep charging docks with you.
2. Your Joystick can be affected
Contrary to popular belief, it’s not just the PS4 controller battery life that is affected over time. Also depending on how you use your controller, your PS4 controller will delay the moves you make on your joystick. This is also affected by the storage.
PS4 controllers tend to lag over time. This often happens because of a glitch in communication between both the console as well as the controller. You can fix this by restarting the system.
Keep in mind that the controller’s age does not affect the responsiveness of the buttons but cleanliness does. Often, food or grime can get stuck between the cracks leading to a major lag in how your controller responds to your commands. This is also not a consequence of the PS4 controller lifespan.
Now that you know everything you need to know about how long does a PS4 controller last and how you can ensure proper usage, you can work with the precautions and enjoy longer gameplay without any problems!