Why my PS5 won’t turn on but beeps?
Here are some of the other reasons your PS5 won’t turn on but beeps.
Here are the causes for why your PS5 won’t turn on.
- There could be a problem with the system software.
- There could be a problem with the internal hardware of your console.
- There could be a problem with the power supply.
- There could be dirt build-up on the inside of your console.
How to fix PS5 not turning on?
Here are the steps to fix the PS5 not turning on:
1. Insert a disk
Sometimes, you need to give your PS5 the push to turn on by itself, and that push is given by inserting a disk into the console. Once it reads the disk, you console will turn on automatically. Here is how you can insert a disk if your PS5 won’t turn on:
- Plug in your PS5’s power cable.
- Open the disk compartment and then slowly insert your PS5 disk. Note: Do not apply pressure on the compartment. Instead, keep pushing it slowly.
- Your PS5 console will turn on automatically.
- Once it’s powered up, remove the disk and see if the problem is fixed.
2. Safe mode
Most of the time, PS5 not turning on has a relatively easy fix; rebooting it in the safe mode. It’s not as difficult. Here are the steps you can follow to reboot in safe mode:
- Turn your PS5 console off.
- You will find the power button on the console. Hold it until the second beep is heard.
- Now, on your controller, you will find the PlayStation button. Press it until a list of options opens up. Press the one named Reboot.
3. Check the HDMI cables
Perhaps your HDMI cables are malfunctioning causing your PS5 not turning on. However, before you go ahead purchasing a new set of cables, you need to check the ones you’re using. You can do this by unplugging the cables in the back of your TV and console.
Once you do, switch the HDMI cable ends. Once you have carried out this step, you can plug in the PS5 end of the cable to your TV and vice versa. Once complete, you can now check if your PS5 won’t turn on.
4. Updating the software
If your PS5 software is out dated, you will persistently come across the issue of your PS5 won’t turn on but beeps. You can simply check for any pending updates on your console. To carry out the update, you would have to book your PS5 console on the safe mode as mentioned earlier.
Once the safe mode is launched, you can download your console’s latest software version onto a USB drive. Insert it into your console and manually update it.
5. Power cycling the PS5
If your PS5 beeps but won’t turn on then you should try power cycling your console. The process is rather simple. All you have to do is press the power button until you see the blinking LED lights turn off. Now disconnect the power supply.
You should allow your console to rest for about twenty minutes and then reconnect the cables. Try turning it back on to see if you have fixed your PS5 not turning on.
6. Power cables
Sometimes, the problem is nothing but a classic case of, “have you tried turning it off and then on again?” If your PS5 shut off and won’t turn on then you should try unplugging the power supply. Disconnect the power outlet of your PS5 console for about thirty seconds. When you reconnect the supply, check if your problem is fixed.
7. Initializing your PS5
Once you go through this process, your PS5 console will be restored to its default factory settings. Now, carry out the following steps:
- Go to Settings and select the option named System.
- Here, you will find a tap named Backup and restore. Select it then press Backup your PS5.
- Once you’ve selected it, you will find the data you would want to backup. Select the ones you want and press Next.
- You will need to name the backup and once you do, select Next.
- On your controller, you will find the X button. Press it and see that your data will begin the backup process. Once it’s complete, you can simply remove the USB device.
- Return to your PS5 Settings from step 1 and click on the option named Initialize.
- You will find the option named Initialize PS5. In it, press full initialization.
- You will be led to the instructions; follow them to complete the process.
Note: It’s important to keep your console turned ON during the initialization. If you fail to do so, you will end up facing irrecoverable damage to your PS5.
8. Clean your PS5
Most of the time, the problem with your PS5 console is the dirt on the inside leading to your PS5 beeps but won’t turn on. The dust on the inside of your console could clog the fan thereby allowing the console to not cool down as it should. This would result in overheating and hardware malfunction.
You can clean your console by first turning off your console and unplugging all of the cables. Now you should wait at least five minutes before using compressed air to clean the visible parts of your PS5.
9. Contact support
When all else fails and your problem still persists, contact the PS5 support center and get an idea of why won’t my PS5 turn on. It could be due to an internal issue or they could even walk you through solutions you may have missed.
PS5 won’t turn on is not a major concern and will usually be fixed by these solutions. If not, you should take your console for a proper repair.