Why my Nintendo switch screen is black?
Your Nintendo switch screen is black for multiple reasons; empty battery being the most common one! However, you won’t want to forget about a software glitch as well!
Here are the causes for Nintendo switch black screen:
- Suppose your console fails to go-ahead from a black screen after you attempt to turn it on, but the battery indicator appears even for a second before disappearing. In that case, it’s clear your battery is dried out, and it does not hold enough power to run your console.
- You may have a faulty charging adapter or dock. A possible voltage spike in electricity, electrical overload, or faulty wiring may corrupt the charging adapter.
- The Nintendo Switch uses hardware components similar to smartphones; hence if you hear sound from console speakers and with a black screen, it’s for sure the screen is damaged.
- It’s an electronic device and can fail completely due to broken and faulty hardware parts.
- A temporary glitch in the Switch software can cause Nintendo switch to black screen after the update.
How to fix Nintendo switch black screen of death?
To fix Nintendo switch black screen of death, rebooting the device should be the first thing on your mind. Next, you must see if the charger is working fine to narrow down your further approach. The other times, power cycling your Nintendo helps resolving the problem.
Encountering Nintendo switch black screen of death is pretty frustrating! Nobody wants to have their Nintendo switch stuck on a black screen. Therefore, we have got a bunch of fixes for you.
Here are the methods to fix Nintendo switch black screen of death:
Fix # 1: Reboot the device
Anything that is preventing your Nintendo switch from turning on can be undertaken by rebooting the console. This will definitely bring back your display without much effort:
- Plugin the ac adapter to your Switch console.
- Charge it for around 10-15 minutes.
- Now press & hold the power button of the Nintendo Switch for about 10-15 seconds.
- Afterward, press the button again to turn the console on.
Fix # 2: Check/Change AC adapter
As mentioned earlier, a faulty charging adapter can be the potential cause of console failure. Therefore, check if all charging accessories you are using to juice up the console are working properly.
You can also try charging your Switch with another Ac adapter to confirm; moreover, you can get an original adapter from the Nintendo online store.
Fix # 3: Power cycle
A power cycle is a term we use to perform a force shut down on your Nintendo Switch; it starts with plugging out everything from your console. The steps are easy to follow:
- Unplug the AC adapter from both ends.
- Leave it there for 30 seconds.
- Now plug it back.
- Dock the Nintendo Switch.
- Press and hold the power button for 12 seconds.
- Leave the button and turn on the Switch.
This should put the screen working; if not, follow the next method.
Fix # 4: Soft reset
In case there is no trouble found in the adapter or battery a soft reset should be the significant option to proceed with. The soft reset will wipe the already installed software but luckily won’t delete any of your saved data.
- Completely power off the Nintendo Switch.
- Press & hold the power button at the top of Switch for 12 seconds until it turns off.
- Now, press & hold the Power button and both the volume buttons until you see the recovery menu..
- Scroll through the menu and select “restore Factory Settings without deleting save data.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select Next.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- After completion, press the power button to switch it on in normal mode.
At this stage, the Nintendo Switch should work without going black screen.
Fix # 5: Update the switch
Nintendo has its own safe mode named recovery mode, and users can perform the console update process here. After the update, many gamers have confirmed that they had their Nintendo switch black screen problem fixed. The simple steps in recovery mode are:
- First, locate the volume (-, +) and power button.
- Now, press & hold them together.
- As soon as 2nd Nintendo Switch logo appears, release them.
- Select update system.
- Finally, download and install the updates.
Once the updates are installed, the console will restart, and Nintendo Switch should be able to work perfectly.
Fix # 6: Factory or hard reset
A factory or hard reset should be the last option to get rid of minor/ major software glitches because, in the 5-minute process, you will lose all the saved data as well. Here is how you can proceed:
- From the Nintendo Switch Home select the Settings option.
- Now, scroll and select the System option.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose the Formatting option.
- Enter the PIN and select Initialize Console to remove the user’s profile and other necessary data.
- Press A on Initialize the Switch.
- Wait for the process to finish.
The Nintendo Switch will restart after wiping all your data and restoring the software in a few minutes. First, set up a new profile and verify that your black screen problem is fixed.
Fix # 7: Contact Nintendo support for repairs
If none of the above-written solutions help you fix the Nintendo switch going black misery and you have thoroughly checked the charging accessories, get your console inspected by Nintendo or contact them through their website.
The tech guys can perform necessary repairs and look at your AC adapters, wires, and charging dock as well.
It is a fact that the Nintendo Switch has been ranked among some very popular games for 5 years now, and as many AAA games are coming to it, we hope it will continue ruling for many upcoming years. With our guidelines mentioned above, you can certainly fix the Nintendo switch black screen of death issue and have a joyful gaming session.
Reach out to us and share your experiences in the comments section below.