Why is my Minecraft not loading on PS4?
If your PS4 Minecraft is stuck on the Mojang screen then the first step you need to understand is why my Minecraft takes so long to load. Once you understand that, you can easily move on to the fixes.
Here are the possible causes why Minecraft takes so long to load:
- Minecraft cache might be full.
- Your PS4 software may not be updated.
- Minecraft mods may be enabled.
- Your PS4 may have too much debris.
How to fix Minecraft stuck on loading screen PS4?
Minecraft stuck on loading screen has a few fixes that you can look into. Now that you understand the potential reasons your game may be malfunctioning, you can easily check the fixes.
Here are the methods to fix Minecraft not loading on PS4.
Fix 1: Restart the Minecraft application
The first thing you can try if your Minecraft PS4 is not loading is restarting the Minecraft game itself. Minecraft glitches can often be fixed by closing and re-opening the game. You can do this by:
- Open your PS4 home screen.
- Select the game application.
- Now, go to Option and click on Close Application.
- Repeat about five to six more times if the problem persists.
Fix 2: Restarting the PlayStation 4 console
If PS4 Minecraft stuck on the Mojang screen is still there then you can resort to restarting the console. This process is rather simple and often tends to fix the problem immediately. To restart the console, you need to:
- Turn the console off.
- Unplug the power supply to the PS4.
- Wait for sixty seconds then re-plug the power supply.
- Run the Minecraft application to check if the problem is fixed.
Fix 3: Reinstall the game
Sometimes, reinstalling Minecraft can fix the problem at hand. Once you make the backup, you can re-install it. In the disc version, you can simply take the disc out, delete the game, and put the disc back in. You can install it by:
- Going to Library.
- Select the Minecraft application.
- Press Update and then reinstall the game.
You can reinstall the digital game by following these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Here, open the tab named Storage and select System Storage.
- Open the option named Applications and select Minecraft.
- Select Option and press Delete.
Fix 4: Clear the cache
Sometimes Minecraft not loading on PS4 can be due to an unclear cache. Luckily, PS4 users can get the hotfix for Minecraft version 2.08 released by Mojang studios. Through this, you can clear the download cache. In the case you have a higher version then you can follow these steps:
- Open the Minecraft game on your PS4 console.
- Using your controller, press L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 + Options + Touchpad.
- Keep the buttons pressed until the splash screen appears.
- When you run the game again, the problem should be fixed.
Fix 5: Discord overlay
Most gamers have Discord – a software that allows players to have voice chats in their games – installed. If you have it installed, then make sure you do no have the Discord Overlay option enabled. By disabling this, you disable your software from interfering with your game which can cause several errors in games. You can disable it by:
- Opening User Settings.
- Select the option named Overlay.
- Select the option Enable in-game overlay.
- Check if your PS4 Minecraft stuck on Mojang screen.
Fix 6: Update PS4 software
Most of the time, PS4 console users have not updated the software and this can lead to several issues in loading games. If you’re wonder why does my Minecraft take so long to load then you can try checking for software updates and ensure there is none left in pending. Here are the steps you can follow to update your console:
- Open the PS4 Home screen.
- Here, you’ll see the option Settings. Once you click on it, select the System Software Update.
- Your console will now show you if your console has pending updates. If so, click Update.
- Restart your PS4 console once the update is completed.
- Once started, re-launch the Minecraft game to ensure Minecraft stuck on loading screen is fixed.
Fix 7: Update Minecraft
If updating your console did not fix the problem then you can check for Minecraft game updates. Developers often release newer versions to fix bugs and pending updates can result in Minecraft not loading on PS4. Often, Minecraft on PS4 updates automatically but if it hasn’t then you will have to check for updates manually. You can do so by:
- Going to the PS4 Home Screen.
- Open the Library and select Minecraft for updating.
- Once you press Options, select the tab named Check for Update.
- In case an update is pending, you will be given the instructions to follow.
- Once completed, run the game again to check PS4 Minecraft stuck on Mojang screen.
Fix 8: Clear PS4 debris
Sometimes, your PS4 console can have a buildup of dust and debris leading to several problems including game errors and Minecraft stuck on loading screen PS4. You can clean this by using compressed air, a microfiber cloth, and a thin brush. When cleaning the internal compartment, be careful not to damage any of the smaller parts.
If you have tried all of these solutions and still find that your Minecraft PS4 not loading then it’s time to get professional help. You can contact the PlayStation Support line to understand how to fix Minecraft stuck on loading screen.