the question about whether you can gift games on PS4 has been debatable lately. It doesn’t matter if you’re on the giving end or the receiving one, having a PS4 game as a gift definitely uplifts your day!
So, can you gift games on PS4?
Sony discontinued gifting games on Ps4 because of their terms and conditions. Though the users enjoyed gifting games to each other for a long time, they cannot do so anymore! However, you can purchase the PS gift card at the PS store to gift PSN games.
You must not worry since you can still gift PS4/PSN games to your friends using the PS gift card. Therefore, we suggest you to keep reading to find out how you can gift a game on PS4.
Why did Song discontinue gifting games on ps4?
Well, the reason is simple; promotion. Sony aimed to align global businesses and support full-version games as well as premium editions. Furthermore, the way to go about it may not always refer to simply gifting games.
When it comes to PSN gift games, what you can so is purchasing the PlayStation store gift card. You can also purchase the DLC, add-ons, virtual currency, or even season passes from retailers and gift them to your friends.
It certainly may not be the same, but at least it’s something. For now, your best option is to opt for the PlayStation store gift card.
How to Gift a Game on PS4 Using Store Card?
Let’s begin by knowing what a PS4 store card is. It’s mainly a card which allows you to use your PlayStation credit for purchasing credit, memberships, or even games.
Here are the steps to gift a game on PS4
- Begin by purchasing the PlayStation store cash card using whatever amount you prefer. You can purchase them either from different retailers or even from the official PlayStation store.
- You can then gift the card to your friend; you can either give the card physically or its digital code.
- Using the gift card, your friend can now redeem it from the PlayStation store. This can be done using the PS4 console.
- Go to the PS4 home screen where you will find the ‘settings’ tab. You can find this on the upper right part of the screen. On your controller, you’ll find the ‘X’ button.
- Once you’ve pressed ‘X,’ head on to the ‘account management’ section and press the ‘X’ button again. From here, you can select the ‘account information’ option.
- Now that you’re in ‘account information,’ you’ll find an option named ‘wallet.’
- Press ‘X’ and then select ‘add funds.’
- You’ll now find a section named ‘redeem codes and gift cards.’ Press ‘X’ and using your controller, enter the cost listed on the PlayStation gift card.
- Once you’ve entered the voucher, you can go to the ‘complete’ section and press ‘X.’
- Let your friend enjoy the game play and spread the word so you also receive gift games on PS4.
Digital Purchases of Physical Copy
There is one other way you can gift games on PS4. This is a digital purchase but instead of gifting the digital games themselves; you can gift a physical copy. Yes, you can purchase them from heading down to the store, but why would you when you can place the order from the comfort of your home?
Here’s a way you can gift games on PS4:
- Search for the best website which would be able to deliver the physical copy of the game you want to gift. There are several websites, including amazon, which would be able to deliver.
- Create an account on the website and include the shipping and billing details. Cross-check this information before you go on the game hunt.
- Make a list of games your friend likes – perhaps there’s a particular category their very fond of. Using the filters, separate out the categories and budget. The website will be able choose the interest, genre, and cost to make your hunt easier.
- Now that you’ve properly categorized your options, pick the game and add it to the cart.
- You can now proceed with the checkout – once again, cross-check your purchase along with the address details. This is necessary because there are times when certain games are not available in the address you want to deliver.
- Once you’re at the checkout, confirm all of the details. You can pay online and deliver the game directly to your friend. You also have the option to get it delivered to you and you can then give it to your friend.
- Choose the type of payment and now that the order is placed, you can wait for delivery according to the time mentioned.
How to gift games on PS4 is now not as difficult as you think. If you want to save yourself from all the hassle, you can simply head down to the nearest retailer and make a quick purchase of the physical game then gift it to your friend. People often prefer using the store credit since it allows the players themselves to pick the games according to their preference.