Account privacy is a crucial matter so that no one else can access your content. If you possess a Microsoft account, you must know the pros that Microsoft offers to its users, one of which is reversible privacy settings. Console gamers play many games using MS account, for example, Minecraft. Not only adults admire this game, but children have a great interest in it as well.
To avoid exposing children to the adult content of games and provide online safety, MS has offered aka.ms/accountsettings, allowing you to modify your MS account settings as per requirements. In this article, you will learn how you can change your MS account settings, be it for privacy or managing files purposes.
What is aka.ms/accountsettings?
Covering the way of the internet’s high functionality, Microsoft has made performing simple tasks quickly for all of us in no time. Microsoft has made console gaming convenient with the provision of remote connect feature and safer than ever due to the feature of aka.ms/account settings.
Aka.ms/account settings permits you to change your account settings as you desire. Besides, it allows you to keep the adult content of different games away from children who play games on Xbox Live, Nintendo Switch, or Nintendo using your MS account.
Learn how to setup your remote connect feature to play with your friends using aka.ms/remoteconnect.
How to use aka.ms/accountsettings for Xbox console?
Beyond any doubt, you would not want the children in your family to expose to the games’ adult content because they are too young for such stuff. However, Microsoft account for Minecraft has made it super easy for you to change your account’s privacy settings on Xbox, Nintendo Switch, or Nintendo so your family does not suffer.
All these changes in settings are undo-able; you can always go back to the default as per your convenience. Xbox Live and Xbox 360 both have ensured privacy and online safety so that you and children can play favorite games without having to worry much.
Let’s suppose you want to change settings for Minecraft game linked to your MS account on your Xbox; all you have to do is to follow the given step-by-step guide to use the aka.ms/accountsettings feature;
- You can begin by using the Xbox settings panel to access the settings and privacy controls of Minecraft.
- So you might be thinking, how can you gain access to the critical settings of Minecraft right? Well, all you need to do is to visit the Xbox official website and check out the online settings panel.
- Next, you have to make a click on the Privacy and Safety options on your screen.
- To remind you, you have been following these steps to change the privacy settings for the children who play Minecraft or other games on your Xbox using your MS account. Therefore, the next move you have to make is choosing the option for changing the privacy settings accordingly.
- The next step requires you to sign in to your official Microsoft account using all your authentication credentials and then click on Continue.
- Once you have logged into your official Microsoft account, a new tab will open up on your screen. This screen will ask you to select the account you want to access to change the account and privacy settings.
- Now go for the Xbox Online Safety after selecting the account that you wanted to access.
- Once you have made changes in your MS account as per your desire, make sure that you re-check them and review every minute change meticulously.
- If you are sure that you have reviewed your changes thoroughly, start looking for the Submit button and click on it to save all the changes you have made until now.
- Also, there is an option with which you can disable excessive browsing for the child’s account so that nothing exposes them to adult and unethical content.
- If you have followed the steps mentioned above sequentially, you are good to proceed!
Microsoft settings and privacy
Signing in using your Microsoft account to get around a new application or device does not mean that you have to fill up all your credentials again and again. When you log in to your MS account on a new device or any mobile application, it automatically syncs with all the settings you have made in your account to date.
- If you want to update any settings in your Microsoft account for Xbox, a single Microsoft account on any device would be more than enough to change the settings and syncs everything automatically without you having to update the account settings on every other device or application separately.
- Similarly, if you would like to change your MS account profile picture, updating it on a single MS account would be enough to enable this change on all the synced devices.
- Microsoft settings allows rapid customization and changes. The applications that use your MS account are safe and secure because they are bound to follow the security and privacy measures set in your official Microsoft account.
- To access further control and upgrades in your account, you can go to your device’s settings and click on account’s button. This click permits you to make whatever changes that you would like to make.
- This is how all of your credentials, applications, and software are interlinked with each other ultimately.
Microsoft has gone the extra mile to keep your data safe from unknown hosts which means, anybody else can never gain access to your account. It is only you who can log in to your account whenever you want to. Microsoft has done this by dividing up the data into random chunks of information and ensuring that this critical information remains protected at any cost.
Microsoft account settings online safety
Your Microsoft account privacy begins from the time you attempt to create a new MS account. This online safety depends on the credentials you put, like age, which decide what content should or should not appear on your linked screens.
There is no option as such for creating a child’s account. However, the birth information that you put during the creation of the account determines the account type. It is essential to mention that Microsoft follows the basic online safety guidelines of COPPA and GDPR solely.
How to fix aka.ms/accountsettings if not working?
Your Microsoft account and privacy settings may block different games and webpages very often. It makes you suffer lags and delays while playing your favorite games ultimately. Several reasons owe to this problem, but you need not worry because you can quickly fix them all.
If you are playing Minecraft using an MS account on your Xbox and you are unable to access certain features of the game due to update in the account and privacy settings, all you have to do is to follow the given guide thoroughly to solve the issue;
- First of all, check the version of Minecraft you have been playing. It should be a non-beta version since almost all the realms are available on this version only.
- If you don’t have this version, leave the game instantly and update the version.
- Another solution that might be of help is to check your internet connection. Make sure that you have an excellent one because sometimes it is your internet which is a culprit.
- Try customizing your router manually and set it up with NAT.
- If you have installed the antivirus software, it will not allow you to open the game; therefore, you have to ensure that none such external things hamper your game.
- To boost your internet speed and connection, you can use an Ethernet cable in place of Wi-Fi.
- You can also try restarting the realm to make it work faster than before, as a convenient solution to every problem.
How to change aka.ms account settings?
Changing your account settings is available with just one click (Change my Microsoft Settings), which will show you Microsoft’s account settings option, where you can update settings as required. Please make sure to save all the changes before exiting the screen.
Is it possible to connect my Xbox account with my aka.ms account?
If you want to connect your Xbox with your MS account, open your browser and type https://account.xbox.com/, which will ultimately open up your Xbox account’s settings option. This syncs the two accounts.
Does aka.ms keep my data safe?
Yes. As mentioned earlier in this article, aka.ms strictly follows the online safety protocols to ensure that your data remains safe and secure. Aka.ms does not allow anyone else to access your account randomly.
If the children in your family also use the same MS account for playing their favorite games on Xbox, it is understandable of you to be worried if any extreme graphic or adult content appears in front of them. However, aka.ms/accountsettings has made it feasible for you to set up the privacy not to perceive any explicit content by children. This guide has tried briefing how to change MS account settings & hopefully, it will prove helpful.